About P.M. Pools & Spas
- Meet the PM Pools Team
- Why Choose P.M. Pools?
- Our Products and Services
- Our Associations and Certifications
P.M. Pools is full-service Pool company that provides everything you need to have fun at home. From custom gunite in-ground swimming pools design and construction to complete gunite renovation services such as tile, coping and plaster replacement. We service what we sell AND equipment from other manufacturers. We perform weekly pool cleanings for residential and rental units. Our retail store sells toys, chemicals and provides free water testing for everyone.
PM Pools & Spas was started by Dan Young and Eugene (Gene) Vallone Jr. in July 2006. We each had 12 or more years experience in the swimming pool industry when the company first opened. Originally we worked together building, servicing and cleaning pools. In 1999, we both pursued separate directions with our careers. Gene began working for a company that specialized in gunite pool re-constructions. Gene soon became a specialist in tile, coping, and plaster repair and refinishing. Dan, on the other hand, went into the retail and service end of the industry. He became the Spa Service Manager as well as the General Manager of his previous employer.
We’ve worked together in Cape May and Cumberland counties doing all aspects of pool design, construction, repairs and service. We’re a small but hard working group of guys here at PM Pools & Spas, and we would love to be able to serve you. Our general theory on swimming pools is that simpler is usually better. (That doesn't mean we shy away from complex projects. We just try to keep things simple for you when we're building you the pool of your dreams!
- Certified Building Professional® (CBP®) - We maintain our ranking as a Certified Building Professional® (CBP) (as certified by the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals / APSP), to ensure they we’re on the cutting edge of proper pool design and construction. (Did you know there are less than 400 CBP's in the entire world? We can't imagine how anyone would consider running a pool design and construction company without obtaining and maintaining the APSP "Certified Building Professional" status.)
- Extensive Experience in the pool industry. Both Gene and Dan have more than 21 years experience in pool construction, renovation, repair and maintenance, as well as portable hot tub installation and repair.
- Extensive Referral Record – More than half our business is from referrals and repeat business. We think that's surefire proof that our customers are delighted with our work.
- We have our own in-house Certified Startup Technician with the National Plasterers Council.
- APSP™ Certified Service Professional® (CSP®) – Our on-staff CSP® ® has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The covers everything from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
- In-house service - You don't have to worry about who will answer your questions after your pool is complete. We have our own in-house service team to ensure that your pool continues to run at optimum performance.
- Member of APSP - Less than 20% of the pool builders in North America will take the time or effort to join the only national organization designed to manage the standards and ethics of all pool builders. We've been members since the day we first opened our doors.
- Low Maintenance, Energy Efficient Pool Designs - From our oversized plumbing and filters to our energy-efficient equipment and our self-cleaning pool systems, a pool from P.M. Pools costs less to own and takes less time and energy to maintain.
- AWARD-WINNING - PM Pools and Spas is a proud winner of the NESPA Service Company Award.
- Retail Show Room - With our easy to find showroom, you can find pool accessories, chemicals, plus a service counter with some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet
It's our goal to be a full-service provider of any and all of the leisure-related needs for your home. That's why we offer all of the following services for homeowners in and around the Avalon, Stone Harbor and Cape May County areas:
- New Pool Design & Construction
- Pool Openings & Closings
- Swimming Pool Repair and Service
- Pool Cleaning Services (Weekly or Periodic)
- Swimming Pool Remodel & Renovations
- Pool Safety Covers
- Solar Heater Installation
Following is a list of our memberships and certifications:
- APSP (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals)
- CBP® (Certified Building Professional)
- Certified Pool Startup Technician (NPC)
- CSP® (Certified Service Professional)
- NESPA (Northeast Spa & Pool Association)
- NESPA Service Company of Excellence
- Winner, APSP Awards of Excellence
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty in Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
The BBB rating system relies on an A+ through F letter-grade scale. An A+ rating is the absolute highest rating you can achieve with the BBB, and that's exactly what PM Pools has. (The grades represent BBB’s degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filed with the BBB.)
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
More information at http://www.apsp.org/BuilderEducationandCertificationPrograms.aspx.
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program's highest credential - CSP™ Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification. More information at http://www.apsp.org/ServiceEducationandCertificationPrograms.aspx
The National Plasterers Council (NPC) created a certification program for pool builders and service technicians to utilize the nationally renowned NPC pool start-up method.
The program itself consists of a day-long course focusing primarily on chemical start-ups in plaster pools. It’s based on a method the NPC developed in conjunction with industry professionals, and scientists at the National Pool Industry Research Center at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. NPC members have been using the recommended procedure for years.
To qualify for the class, a student must be a member in good standing of an industry organization such as Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP) or the Independent Pool & Spa Service Association (IPSSA). Students must then demonstrate their proficiency with a test kit, and pass a 60-minute written exam. Certified technicians must renew their certification every three years by taking an updated version of the exam.
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP's Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
The Northeast Spa & Pool Association exists to create a professional climate in which to advance commercial activities, and to address the current and future needs of the pool and spa industry.
In the late 1950s, members of the swimming pool industry in the northeast section of the U.S. banded together to form Northeast Swimming Pool Association (NESPA) to address their collective needs. The organization has been continuously engaged in promoting and protecting its members and educating them and raising their levels of competency in all phases of business activity.
NESPA also serves as a source of product and safety information for the end consumer. For over forty years, NESPA has been affiliated with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP). NESPA's other “trademark” activity is the Professional Training Institute, which began as Hands-On-Training Institute in 1984. PTI offers the industry's broadest, most comprehensive training programs designed to upgrade professional skills in building, service, management and retail operations.
More information at www.nespapool.org.
The NESPA organization annually awards a “Service Company of Excellence” recognition to a select group of pool service companies in the North Eastern United States who meet the stringent "above and beyond" service criteria created by the NESPA organization. This award is given exclusively to NESPA members who exemplify the best in customer service and customer relations.
The APSP Awards of Excellence program honors APSP members whose pools, spas and water features represent some of the best designs in the industry.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms from all over the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence